It’s Random Acts of Kindness Week 2016, February 14-20.
The best portion of a good man’s life is his little, nameless,
unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
Here are 25 ideas for random acts of kindness you can perform at the library:
- Hold the door open for the next person coming in or someone leaving with an armful of books.
- Leave a quarter in the change machine for the next person’s copying, printing needs.
- Put a book/DVD/CD you enjoyed in the Awesome Box to recommend to other Methuen library users.
- Smile at the person behind you if you’re waiting in line to check items out.
- Tell a librarian why you appreciate the library or her/his service. (It’s also Library Lover’s Month! 🙂 )
- Help a parent or child put away toys, games, etc. in the Children’s Room.
- Let someone with crying kids or with a pile of books and/or DVDs get ahead of you in the check-out line.
- Write a positive comment on our library blog, website, Twitter, or Face Book account.
- Thank people for small kindnesses they bestow upon you!
- Become a Friend of the Library.
- Throw away litter so that we may all enjoy a clean library and grounds.
- Congratulate yourself for being part of the community and using a public library!
- Pay an overdue fee for the person in back of you in the check-out line.
- Invite a friend to participate in a library activity or program.
- Help someone download an e-book.
- Join the Teen Advisory Group.
- Be kind to other people’s ears and use your cellphone in the stairwell.
- Look up an author’s website and comment on how much you enjoyed his/her book.
- Compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is.
- Be kind to yourself and it will radiate out to others.
- Bring a tax form to a homebound neighbor.
- Give up your computer time to a student.
- Donate to the Walter “Red” Winn Scholarship fund.
- Return a “much waited for” popular book, DVD, CD early to pleasantly surprise the next person waiting for it.
- Be kind to library materials so more people can enjoy them.
Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.
Read more at www.brainyquote.com